Aliette de Bodard lives and works in Paris, where she has a job as a computer engineer. In her spare time, she indulges her love of mythology and history by writing speculative fiction stories: her work has appeared in Clarkesworld Magazine, Asimov’s and The Year’s Best Science Fiction. She has won a Nebula, a Locus Award and a British Science Fiction Award; and been a finalist for the Hugo, Sturgeon and Tiptree Award. Her latest release is On a Red Station, Drifting, a space opera novella based on Vietnamese culture.
Visit http://www.aliettedebodard.com for more information.
This is a list of the works that were either workshopped or brainstormed at Villa Diodati and have since been sold or published.
- A bitter taste, Scheherazade’s Facade (2015) (VD2)
- Citadel of Weeping Pearls, Asimov’s Science Fiction and Fantasy (2015) (VD13)
- Heaven under Earth, Electric Velocipede (2013) (VD3) (Tiptree Award Honour story)
- Immersion, Clarkesworld (2012) (VD10) (won both the Nebula and the Locus Award!)
- Exodus Tides, Intergalactic Medicine Show (2011) (VD6)